My Sinigang Recipe




I just want to share my Sinigang na Baboy (Pork in Sour Broth). I like having a lot of vegetables when I cook sinigang, the reason why it looks crowded in the picture. I don't like to use the broth of the pork when I boiled it at the first time. For me it looks clean and not as much fat when I do that.


My Ingredients:

1 lb. Pork Riblet or Ribs
1 big Onion (diced)
1 Eggplant (cut or sliced)
5 pieces Okra
2 Taros (peeled and sliced)
½ lb. string beans (cut into 3")
2 Bokchoy (petchay) or 1/4 lb. kangkong
1 or half pack of tamarind Flavored Soup Mix
½ bell pepper (red)
½ bell pepper (yellow)
3 pcs. Green finger pepper
2 pc tomatoes
Water
Salt & fish sauce

Procedure:

1. Boil pork riblets or ribs for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes of boiling, pour the water then replace new water.
2. Simmer it for 20 minutes or until the pork is tender.
3. Add tamarind and mix well. Add taro, eggplant, string beans, onion, and bell peppers (red & yellow). Let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. After that, add tomatoes and finger pepper.
5. Add salt & fish sauce to taste.
6. Add the bokchoy or kangkong.
7. Let it seat for 2 to 5 minutes then serve hot.

2 comments:

Mharms said...

hhhmm..my favorite :D

StaLira said...

lami kaau ang kangkong sa sinigang bitaw ay...laway ko da